Tonight in men's Fraternity, we also discussed the 5 greatest lines from guy movies that stir the warrior face. Here is a recap:
5. From The Magnificent Seven - Steve McQueen's character tells Eli Wallich, the bad guy trying to negotiate a settlement for the seven to abandon their post: "We deal in lead friend."
4. A Bridge Too Far - A british paratrooper from the embattled unit desperately holding onto a tenuous foothold rejects a call to surrender from a German envoy stating, "I'm afraid we arer going to have to reject your plea for surrender. It seems we do not have room enough to house you all as prisoners."
3. Fort Apache (starring Henry Fonda, John Wayne)- Colonel Thursday teaches his final lesson to Sgt York (John Wayne) before leading small group of soldiers on a gallant suicide mission to buy time for the bulk of the command to escape their indian ambush, "When you take over this troop Sergeant York, and you will, then command it!"
2. Tombstone - Wyatt Earp (Kurt Russell), after slapping a man who accuses him of cheating at cards, watches him bleed from the mouth and freeze in fear without drawing down and then states in disgust at the cowardice, "Are you going to skin the smokewagon, or stand there and bleed.?"
1. 300 (parental caution as to a couple of scenes in the film) King Xerxes, angry at being defied by the Spartans, claims that his armies will annhiliate them and his archers' arrows will "darken the sky." The Spartan response sets a new tough ugy standard: "Then we will fight in the shade."
Lines to stir the warrior spirit in everyman!